by China Kantner Azdair
1. The fire that burned my house down was the most
beautiful gold Iíve ever seen.
2. Van Goghís multiple sunflowers mirrored bright
yellow-gold smiles back to eyes that knew only chaos.
3. Your golden wedding ring caressing your loverís
4. Gold leaf ashtray.
Black tar heroin.
5.You cannot see The
Golden Sun outside Socratesí cave
6. The hue of Jesus Christ-Gold,
begs my bronze hue to listen and follow.
7. The golden breath of Beethovenís ninth symphony.
8. I see the permanence of
each golden nut and bolt securing the casket
that impregnates your delicate flesh.
9. Golden, honey dipped curls crawl down your cheeks
to catch tears that do not belong
10. Soft fur of the retriever
patiently awaiting invitation of Mother Wind.
11. Hazy, golden sunset providing pearls of sweat
singing upon each precious jewel to unveil the tragedy of the Taj Mahal.
12. The cracked, metallic Cadillac Gold
nail polish glares with hope upon the hookerís feet.
13. I am the golden mass within your belly
praying you donít murder me because of your need for space.
14. Many seek the gold of Caesar. Few seek the Gold
15. Gold sticks to the poster board under your name
in the first grade. They will never make up for your motherís silence.
16. Your name, emblazoned in lights upon Condorís
strip bar in San Francisco.
17. Michelangeloís gold frame engulfing that which
is already gold.
18. Gold eyeshadow hugging your red and blue flesh as
he hits you.
19. Elvis Presley, I just stepped on the culmination
of all that was you on Hollywood Boulevard, adorned with spit, piss and
20. Search for me behind the glare on my window. Be
patient The sun will set eventually.